Environment I created for my Visual Development class. I was going for a arid desert climate but still full of life that do the best they can.
Friday, December 19, 2014
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Final image comped onto a real photo that I took in our baby's nursery.
Final Image comped into a photo from a different view.
Update! 96% there. Polishing goes well :)
About 95% there. Just more polishing! :)
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Monday, September 22, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Thursday, May 29, 2014
I used a piece of art as a reference in order to practice good lighting and color. This design is similar to theirs but I painted everything my own way and added my own elements to make it my own version. It was a good practice for lighting and color schemes.
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Put together a quick rough 3D model in maya and did a practice matte painting over it. It was a lot of fun practice and I learned things I would do again and things maybe not so much. But hey I'm happy with the progress. This was based off a previous painting I did.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Based off a sketch I did I decided to do a mixed media digital painting as a practice. I blended photos with paint brushes to try and get a semi realistic version of my concept sketch. I plan on practicing this method as it helps with texturing concepts as well.
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Monday, March 31, 2014
This is my fully rigged character for our 3D animation class. Next step is to do the actual animation but it took awhile to get the rigging down. Her armor is bound to the joints in her body which allows it to follow fairly flawlessly. The only problem ive ran into is the upper bracers on her biceps. The parenting to bone technique is flawed here. They are too long and get lost in bending elbows. So I may have to figure something else out there. I'm excited to get the animation done so I can texture her.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Friday, January 31, 2014
Thursday, January 30, 2014
I textured him using Mari. We used the patch system for his body as to allow more detail spread across different UV maps. His body consists of six different texture maps including emission.
Note: I did not create or manipulate the green grass sim. Our character effects team created that portion after I completed his textures.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Main render from our Student film "Owned"
Everything in blue I worked on, and the list is as follows:
Garjin: The character on the right. I textured him using Mari. See his post for more info.
The tree: I created the tree in Maya and sculpted further in Mudbox. I textured the tree in Mudbox and further in Mari.
The Pillars, Ceiling, and Walls: Created in Maya, textured in mudbox.
The Temple asset the tree's branches hold to on the left (see zoomed out image): I'm working on getting a main render of that building as it is quite nice. I had to simplify the building due a previous persons first pass being way to heavy and too many edge loops. After that I re - UV mapped it and textured it in Mudbox.
I textured the background buildings in Mudbox. They are small textures as they are not very close up or important.
Based upon a concept painting, this is a first pass at the main mountain for our new student film "Rams Horn" I was trying to achieve the look and feel of the mountain without getting to heavy in polygons. It took some thinking but I was able to get the look I wanted without creating a very heavy asset. This can now be pushed further in the second pass.
Concept bike I am currently exploring in my free time. Model is about 80% there. Some of the major challenges being the engine and exhaust. Also the rear suspension needs tweaking. I've had to veer away from parts of my concept as they weren't practical and/or needing adjustment.